Thursday June 7, 2018
Businesses that rely on vehicles or trucks to provide products and services to their customers can experience tangible benefits with the help of GPS tracking.
Listed below are few applications of vehicle tracking system in the food delivery businesses.
1. Vehicle tracking system helps to choose the best and the shortest routes for food delivery vans.
2. For occasions when delivery vans get stuck in the traffic for several minutes, vehicle tracking unit guides the drivers to avoid the busy streets in real-time basis.
3. Reducing downtime is known to be a key to improve productivity and profitability. A good GPS tracking system for food delivery vans can help in taking informed decisions and schedule food delivery trips more efficiently, thus reducing the downtime of delivery vans.
4. With the help of GPS tracking data, routes that save both time and money are identified for food delivery vans. Smart route planning reduces unproductive work and eliminates unnecessary fuel expenses as well.
5. Vehicle Tracking allows monitoring of vehicles and gives detailed insights on fuel usage, driver’s behaviour, engine’s idle time, etc. Using this data efficiently, money-saving areas for food delivery vans can be identified.
6. It also helps them reduce fuel consumption and unnecessary overtime costs
7. A loyal and satisfied client is paramount to the success of a food delivery business. With the help of GPS tracking, food delivery vans respond to service calls quickly and reach their destination on time.
8. Vehicle tracking helps plan better and assigns tasks to delivery van chauffeurs whenever an idle delivery van is spotted. This leads to an increase in the number of trips per day as more trips translate into more business.
9. Vehicle Tracking helps the managers in managing the drivers of food delivery vans effectively. They can pull up the data obtained from the installed GPS tracking system, analyze it and take corrective actions as and when necessary.
10. By monitoring food delivery vans in real-time, the safety of food delivery personnel, as well as the vehicle, can be ensured. It also helps in providing direct assistance and support to the drivers. Vehicle Tracking can help implement two-way communication between drivers and managers to ensure efficient working.
11. With the help of Vehicle tracking systems, businesses eliminate billing inconsistencies with the use of digital timekeeping. Further, it has also reduced dispatch inaccuracies for food delivery vans.
12. The critical information such as location data, vehicle status, driver’s behaviour can be accessed easily with the help of a vehicle tracking software. This data is accessed from anywhere on mobiles, tablets, and laptops.
13. GPS systems help drivers, dispatchers and managers to do away with paperwork as the system automatically tracks and stores data and also presents it in a user-friendly way to be analyzed later on.
14. Vehicle tracking systems send SMS or email alerts when the vehicle goes out of the business zone or in case of accidents and other mishaps so that necessary and timely action can be taken.
As mentioned above, vehicle tracking system not only helps in delivering food and beverage products safely and in time to restaurants but also assist in managing the delivery vehicles more efficiently.
The device has helped businesses find their vehicle on the road and even discover where they lose time.
It’s a huge benefit for businesses with food delivery vans to have a tool that can help them in identifying possible problems that have been hampering their goal of ensuring excellent customer service.
And above all, it helps food delivery vans save money on fuel costs and vehicle maintenance through the automated GPS tracking alerts.
Vehicle TrackingSuite 12